Where or where has the summer gone? If you, like me, are unable to believe that it’s coming to a close let’s pretend it’s not. We’re writers after all! Let’s use our imaginations.
This post will be a sort of back-to-school prep: some great writing tips, tricks and resources from around the web just in time to fire up your September inspiration. Enjoy!
- If you want to be a successful writer, you have to stop comparing yourself to others. That’s what this post via The Write Life delves into.
- Ready to up your book marketing game? Start with this list of 89+ Book Marketing Ideas.
- Bestseller Labs has a list of 7 Bestseller Book Marketing Strategies that will likely give you some good jumping off points.
- Lots of authors (myself included) enjoy helping writers in different ways: providing critique, editing, coaching, etc. But what type of help do writers really need? This article via Writer’s Digest is an interesting read.
- How Long Should You Keep Trying to Get Published? Jane Friedman weighs in.
Have other articles, tips or advice you’d like to share? Please do so in the comments.
J.P. Choquette reads, writes and makes junk art from northwestern Vermont. Denying the fact that summer is nearly over, you’ll likely find her in a warm-weather dress sipping iced tea and mumbling about the beach on the back deck.