Maureen Milliken, Beth Kannell, Lisa Haselton, and Nancy Gardner have been warriors in working on this blog. Others of us contributed, and anyone is welcome to. This can and should be a place for conversation, for craft and marketing advice, and new thinking about how to support our membership and drive forward the mission of Sisters in Crime.
As authors, make sure you take advantage of these two Sisters in Crime National and Sisters in Crime New England tools.
- Submit information to the national website on the Docket.
- Have you downloaded your member kit from our website? That will answer questions about filling out your profile, adding books, etc. Go to our website/members and on the left hand side click on “members only” then “download kits”. You can get user manuals for the site, and a logo kit.
There is some good news that goes beyond books releases. Off the top of my head, I am thrilled that:
- Hank Phillippi Ryan won the MWA/Mary Higgins Clark award
- Dana Cameron won the Agatha for best short story (“Murder in Mesopotamia”)
- Kate Flora and Katherine Hall Page are both nominated for Maine Literary Awards
- Kathy Lynn Emerson will be the Guest of Honor at the 2014 Malice Domestic Conference
And that doesn’t include the book deals! We want to use the tools of social media (blog, Facebook, Twitter for now, but open to Pinterest, Tumblr, and other tools). Strike that. We have to use these tools–they are a great opportunity, and a way for all of us to work together to move our genre, and our members, forward. So far we’ve been sharing news on our Facebook page, and via email. But Maureen Milliken has offered to aggregate good news content, and coordinate the blogging calendar. Email her using the form below if you are interested in helping out!
And share news in the comments section!